Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 22nd 7:00pm

I know that I haven't been blogging lately, and that's because I've taken a few days to go home and be with the kids, for their last week of school activities. Acey is doing so good, he is now back on the Floor and out of ICU. Things are continuing to look promising. He is now able to lift up his left leg and left arm which he was unable to do before. He will have his trach in for awhile and is getting pretty good with sign language, that is how he's been communicating for the past week. There is a voice box that they can attach to his trach so he can talk but that will take some practice. I just want to give a shout out to a couple of people that helped me out in a big way a few days ago. Thank you so much and my car is running great!!!

6 comments:

  1. Sister! I love ya! It was nice to see you home. Tell Ace The Perry family loves him. Super excited he is out of ICU! Love ya Smell! Talk to you soon. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to get to see ya and hang out for a minute!! We love you guys and wish Ace the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miracles occur in the small and simple improvements made each day. We want you to come back home, as soon as the doctors feel it's okay. Can't therapy happen at home? I'd be willing to help. Keep on keeping on, moving forward. Cheri Southwick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got to go be with the kiddos for a while. I'm sure they need you as much as you need them. Tell Acey to keep fighting, I know he has it in him, that stubborn Sorensen gene.
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a bit unbelievable to me but I first heard of Acey late last night. I hope for the best and will be saying prayers for Acey and the family. Acey is a class act and I will always value his friendship. Hollis in Carey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jalyn, I actually thought about you and the last days of school activities and was a little blue for you. :( So pleased to hear that you were there and able to enjoy them. I am certain the kiddos were thrilled. :) Congrats to all of you for making it thru these last few months. :) You are all to be commended. :) Well played!!!! :( Let me now say, I am thrilled to hear that you, Acey are out of ICU!!!! Also, that you are able to now move your left leg and arm. WAHOO!!!! Sounds quite promising, indeed. Keep on in that direction, okay. Acey, I am impressed at your so quickly mastering a whole new language. Nice work. You can teach some of us when you return. :) We still have your in our thoughts and prayers. Hope you are enjoying some time with the kids. I am sure that they are so glad to be able to spend some more time with their Daddy. I can imagine that they are great helpers, as well. They must inspire you very much. Again, glad to hear you are doing well and looking forward to continued good news. Much love and respect, The Dotson Family.

    ReplyDelete