Friday, May 27, 2011

May 27th 7:30 pm

We are still in rehab! And things are just getting better everyday. So, something pretty funny happened today. Acey was in his power chair (wheel chair) and he had it tilted back just a little and when it's tilted back it goes into turtle mode which is so slow. So I thought I'd turn up the speed so I cranked it all the way up and of course nothing happened because the chair was still tilted. Then I remembered that it couldn't be tilted so I put the chair down. I then told Acey he was good to go. Now at this time I had forgotten that I had cranked up the speed to max. So Acey pushed on the throttle and took off so stinking fast I mean these chairs can really move. He has a hard time moving his hand and he couldn't stop right away so me and the OT was running down the hall to try to help him stop. Oh, it was the funniest thing ever! I'm sure you had to be there to truly get the whole picture. Acey thought that was the best ever he just laughed and laughed.

5 comments:

  1. Well he had to have some way to be faster than his basketball team. At least now he'll be Rollin in style!! :-). Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, glad he is doing better. We will be bringing Tiffany to the Moran Eye Center on Wed, June 1st for an appointment. We plan on coming by to say hi to you and Acey if it's ok.
    Love, SueAnn & Daryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. I didn't even have to be there and I'm laughing my butt off! Wish I was there to see it though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing SO HARD right now about to choke. I can just IMAGINE. The best was picturing, you Jayln trying to catch him and the rocket chair. Wahoo!!!!! I am with Heather, wish I WAS there to see for myself. :)
    Glad to hear that every day you get a little better, Ace!!!! Nice work! Keep making us proud. :) Keep on rollin' along, Coach!!! At a steady pace and at a speed that doesn't require a racecar driver's license/training. Ha, Ha. Tell J to leave your controls alone. Ha, ha! ;) Thank you very much. ;) Our continued prayers and best wishes. Love, The B. Dotson Family. P.S. Still laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seeing this all play out in my head! That is GREAT! Now, when do we get to see that rocket launch on YouTube??? =) Hugs! Sarah Arnold

    ReplyDelete