Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Update March 29th 9:01 am

I know that it has been a few days since my last blog, so I'll catch you all up on what's been going on. I'm back home with the kids for a few days, which is bitter sweet, so nice to be home but hate to be here without Ace. I'll be going back to be with him in a few days.

Back to Acey's progress, rehab is going to be so good for Acey, they are constantly working with him, whether it's the OT, PT, Recreational Therapy, and Speech Therapy, Doctors coming in to chat, trying to eat and trying to gag down his ensure which he hates, he always working on something, just swallowing is a chore for him. In the past few days Acey has started throwing up in the morning, yesterday it was starting to occur more often, so they have put him down one notch on his eating, so he is back to soft foods only. We are hoping that this will help. His bowels are working much better, GREAT NEWS!! So today the whole Therapist team will meet together and go over their plan of attack, then later this week I'll be back down with Acey and have another meeting with everyone and then we should have a better idea on what we're up against.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome home, J. I know that must be so hard to not have him with you. However, think that it will be so nice for you to be back with the kids for a few days. :) He is in good hands and you will see each other again very soon. Oh, and I could not get down Ensure whatsoever...not at ALL! But, we already knew he was tougher than me. Sounds as if he is moving along quite nicely. Although, I am sure he misses you, as well. :) Again, enjoy some time with those children. Tell him we said hello and keep up the nice work when you see him in a few days. :) Thanks for the update. Much love, Dona and the Dotson gang. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor guy has to deal with this crazy illness and now he could be suffering from morning sickness!!! ; )

    Keep us updated!! Enjoy your children and be safe travelling as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the home and kids take a deep breath and get yourself ready for the next step. I'm just really proud of all of you. Give the kids hugs and kisses. Go Acey Go!! Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep your head up my friend! You are amazing. I am sure it is so hard when you are home and not with Acey, and equally as hard when are with Acey and not at home. One day at a time!! You are all in our prayers. It is good to see progress!!

    ReplyDelete