Saturday, April 30, 2011

Update April 30th 6:52pm

All I can say is ThANk YoU, ThANk YoU, THaNk yOu. Ace and I are so appreciative of everything that has been done for us. We are amazed at how many wonderful people there are in our community who have all given so much, from a hug, to emails, a kind card, to someone washing Acey's pick-up, dinners brought into our home, the visitors that come to see Acey, to all the funds that has been raised, and most important, the prayers. I remember hearing people say, in church, or in general conference the famous cliche, " I can feel the prayers that have been offered on our behalf ." I always thought how is that? How can you feel people praying for you? Well, now I know. I have felt every single prayer that has been made for our family. I know this because I just made it through one more day. I know because I see my kids coping so well. I know because Acey continues to have a positive outlook. I know because our needs are being met in every way possible. I know because we have had so many miracles that have happened to us in the past 10 weeks. So, thank you everyone for teaching me again how powerful prayer really is. Thank you and we love you all!

5 comments:

  1. Your family is truely amazing! Thank you for you example of faith, love & hope even though there are so many challenges! May your family continue to be blessed!!
    Love you!!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoped you could feel the prayers. Also hoped that you could feel the "love" emanating from a little tiny schoolhouse the other night. The love in that facility would just about knock you over. It was palpable. We all (that seems to be the general feeling/consensus) were so sincerely pleased to be able to do "something". I am appreciative that my family was able to be a part of this event and to experience such an incredible outpouring of pure love. Will continue to keep Acey and you, as well as the whole Shaw family in our prayers. :) Love, Dona P.S. A cliche', "One Day at A Time" but as Jalyn just illustrated, a cliche' can be revealed to be a simple truth after all. :) Again, God Bless and God Speed. :) We are forever in your court cheering and praying for you. :) ACEY, CAN YOU HEAR US?????!!!!!! :) Oh, sorry didn't mean to wake you. LOL. Shhhh. Rest now. See you on the court "tomorrow". We will be getting an early start!!!! LOL. Well, maybe not THAT early. Dona not morning person. GRRRRRR! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  3. While reading about the the Handcart Companies of the early I was struck with an image of them that I think applies to you as well. The pioneers were so tired and weary that they felt they could not take a single step farther. They prayed for strength to continue and in the journal of one man he said, after one such prayer, that he was no longer pulling the handcart, that it was pushing him. After I read that I pictures a young couple leaning into the braces pulling their handcart up a hill and in the rear were two angles pushing also. You too must pray for strength and we will continue to pray for you as well, and as surely as the angels helped the early pioneers, they will help you also. Let Acey know we love and miss him, and know that we love and miss you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you guys so much...Thank you! This is a pretty amazing place to live, & raise a family.

    ReplyDelete